Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank You Cards

Jason's family threw us a surprise shower this weekend, which was a total delight!  Not only did they surprise us with a shower, but they made it a garden-theme, which they knew we were wanting.  It was a great time, and I really appreciated how much effort was put into it.

After planting all day yesterday (and sun-burning my shoulders while I was at it), I decided to get creative by making some thank-you cards.  I am very happy with the way these turned out.  This is the first time I have used this stamp set (A Tree for all Seasons), and I have to say it's very cute.

Pictured below you will see my "Zen" vegetable garden, which now has more variety than many grocery stores (thanks Brianne!). Also pictured is a pre-existing lilac bush that has buds, but will not blossom.  Any suggestions?  Down at bottom is a forsythia that I received on the weekend.  I will still be gardening all week and into the weekend.  I will post more pics of the work being done next week.

I am so pleased with the way my card came out I have been inspired to plan a class featuring all thank you cards.  This class will take place sometime in June.  Details are not yet settled, but this class may include a stamp set.  I am thinking it should be a 10 card class (2 each of 5), since I'm sure there are many people out there we should be thanking...  I'll keep you posted, but let me know if you're interested.

Enjoy the weather!

No comments: