Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I Love My Moms!

As you are all aware, yesterday was Mother's Day.  This is what I gave my Mom, and Mom-in-law.  When I saw this tote the first thing I thought was, 'I bet I can stamp that!'  After showing it off at one of my stamp classes one of my customers commented that the Pick a Petal stamp set would work perfectly.  She lent it to me, and was she ever right!



Best of all was how easy the card was to make!  I used SU cardstock in Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Tempting Turquoise.  I decided to use Old Olive ink on the Certainly Celery cardstock to add dimension to my green petals.  The stem was made using faux-stitching and the Certainly Celery Stampin' Write marker.  I didn't have any of the coordinating SU buttons around, so I just used some that I had saved up in an old button jar.


I am so happy with the way they turned out, and the Moms loved them!  I wanted to post this ages ago, but I was afraid it would ruin the surprise.  I hope you all had a good Mother's Day yesterday!


Cheers,


No comments: