Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Junior!

I was feeling uninspired today, so decided to check out some of my favourite stamping blogs for inspiration.  Martha, a fellow demonstrator, is always doing such beautiful things with her tiles.  I also enjoy stamping on tiles (as those of you who attended my "Birds of a Feather" class can attest), but have never tried adding colour.  What do you think of my first attempt?



I stamped the images using the "Infinite Goodness" hostess set in Staz-On ink.  The more I use this set the more I love it.  I coloured the images using Stampin' Up chalks and water colour pencil crayons.  Using both allowed me to be more selective with the colours I used.
My favourite one has to be the dragonfly tile.  Everything just pops on this one - I love it!  The quote and the leaves make it look really full and balanced.

I have decided to give these lovely coaster tiles to my friend Junior, who turns 25 today.  Happy Birthday, buddy!  I hope you will like them :)

No comments: