Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birthday Post




WHOA! Okay, so who's a bad blogger?  I'm a bad blogger.  I will try to make up for it by making today's post SUPER!  It seems only fitting that I should tell you all about the birthday card class from last night, as today is my birthday :)

The Pear card was the simplest, but I really enjoy it.  The colours just make it for me.  I may re-use this template for future workshop cards.  We used the water-colour pencils to add the yellow.



The Enjoy card was one of my favourites.  Not only do I love this stamp set, but I am really happy with the way the colour combination turned out.  I also chose to decorate the INSIDE of the card, which is something I seldom do.


The fall flowers envelope-card is one you've seen before, but I just can't get enough of it.  Love it. 


I'm calling the bird one "Boho Bird-day".  I really like the colours, and the bird from the "Pun Fun" set is just too cute.  I thinks it makes a nice " masculine birthday card.


Finally, the birthday cake card was probably the brightest of the cards we made.  I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but the girls seemed to really like it.  We used a rub-on on this one, and then punched a little window through it.  We also decorated the inside of this card, making it extra fun.  
























1 comment:

Kate said...

Ok I just had the BEST idea - well, I think so. On my little... what did you call it? Fall flower card? the one in the envelope - I put my friend's NAME on the little tab at the top! Now, her name is lynn so it's not something you could do for everyone (ie. Katrina would be a little tight) but fun if you can swing it!

Happy B-day again! :D